FILLED 7/20. Thanks to all who applied.
This position is eligible for annual and sick leave. The position is also eligible for participation in company health, life, disability, and dental insurance plans, as well our 403b retirement plan.
The Electrics Apprentice is an entry level position that will assist the Master Electrician in the load in, hang, focus, strike, and maintenance of lighting and electrical equipment.
Duties may include:
- Help facilitate lighting setup for VA Rep Productions, special events and projects
- Clean, organize and maintain lighting and electrical equipment
- Help assist in providing guidance, support, and training to Electrics department interns
- Additional projects as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Able to work in a group or individually
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, email)
- Familiarity with light plots, and standard lighting paperwork
- Basic knowledge of modern lighting equipment required; including conventional and moving head fixtures, LED Luminaires, scrollers, and accessories
- Basic knowledge of lighting control devices, including ETC Express, Expression, and ION
- Basic knowledge of standard lighting practices and theatrical production, with an emphasis on safety
- Comfortable moving equipment that ranged from 80 to 150lbs and working in a harness at heights up to approximately 60 ft.
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
- Strong interest in theatre and/or working for a nonprofit organization preferred